We highly recommend downloading Authy for two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Gemini account to avoid any inherent security faults presented by SMS.
To download Authy on your mobile device or desktop computer, go to their website here: Authy Creation page
When you create an Authy account, you must use the same phone number that you registered with Gemini. Once you open the app you will see a Gemini token loaded - there will be no need to scan a QR code.
For the highest level of security, we suggest disabling the multi-device option to safeguard your Authy account one step further. You can do this by finding ‘devices’ in your Authy app’s settings and toggle “Allow Multi-device” to off.
- Why am I not receiving SMS codes to confirm my phone?
- Why is it asking me for 7 digit token upon login?
- Where can I scan the QR code for Authy?
- What if I’m not receiving codes or it says my codes are wrong?
- How do I download Authy?
- What is two-factor authentication?
- How do I use 2FA with my new phone device/number?