Gemini is a next-generation digital asset exchange and custodian headquartered in New York City. We are fully-licensed and fully-regulated. We allow both individual and institutional customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., bitcoin, ether, or Zcash).
When we began this journey in 2014, our goal was simple: build a world-class digital asset exchange and custodian based in the United States. Throughout our development process, we were guided by the following core principles:
- Assemble a team of top security experts, technologists, and financial engineers;
- Build with a “security-first” mentality without compromise;
- Work alongside financial regulators to shape licensing for digital asset businesses;
- Guarantee the same consumer protections you enjoy with other financial institutions;
- Build a robust Anti-Money Laundering Program in line with banking compliance;
- Ensure that customer fiat funds (U.S. Dollars) are eligible for FDIC insurance; and
- Build an elegant institutional-grade product for both Main Street and Wall Street.
We continue to adhere to these principles as we build new features and improve the Gemini experience.