Gemini is a next generation digital asset exchange and custodian. We are fully-licensed, fully-regulated and headquartered in New York City. We allow both individual and institutional customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., bitcoin or ether).
When we began this journey in 2014, our goal was simple: build a world-class digital asset exchange and custodian based in the United States. Throughout the development process, we were guided by the following core principles:
- Assemble a team of top security experts, technologists and financial engineers;
- Build with a “security-first” mentality from day on;
- Work alongside financial regulators to shape licensing for digital asset businesses;
- guarantee the same consumer protections you enjoy with other financial institutions;
- Build a robust Anti-Money Laundering Program in line with banking compliance;
- Ensure that customer fiat funds (e.g. US Dollars) are eligible for FDIC insurance; and
- Build an elegant institutional-grade product for both Main street and Wall street.
We continue to adhere to these principles as we build new features and improve the Gemini experience.