Gemini is a next-generation digital asset exchange and custodian headquartered in New York City. We are fully-licensed and fully-regulated. We allow both individual and institutional customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash, litecoin or Zcash).
When we began this journey in 2014, our goal was simple: build a world-class digital asset exchange and custodian based in the United States. Throughout our development process, we were guided by the following core principles:
- Assemble a team of top security experts, technologists, and financial engineers;
- Build with a “security-first” mentality without compromise;
- Work alongside financial regulators to shape licensing for digital asset businesses;
- Guarantee the same consumer protections you enjoy with other financial institutions;
- Build a robust Anti-Money Laundering Program in line with banking compliance;
- Ensure that customer fiat funds (U.S. Dollars) are eligible for FDIC insurance; and
- Build an elegant institutional-grade product for both Main Street and Wall Street.
We continue to adhere to these principles as we build new features and improve the Gemini experience.