WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?
For our user's protection, Gemini will suspend digital asset withdrawals for any account where the device being signed in from is unrecognized. Gemini compares your previously trusted devices and determines whether the most recent attempt is legitimate or has the potential to be fraudulent.
Gemini will send an email to your account address on file, alerting you of this sign-in attempt, with the subject line: “Gemini - Confirm Your New Device”. The email you receive contains a link you need to click in order to re-enable digital asset withdrawals. Click that link to reenable withdrawals.
You will only need to do this once, at which point your device will be permanently approved.
I HAVEN'T CHANGED MY DEVICE
All of the below is how Gemini defines a New Device. These limits are in place for our user’s protection.
- Changing your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Using a new internet connection
- Using a VPN
- "Incognito" mode on Google Chrome or "private" mode on Safari]
- New laptop, desktop, or phone
- Clearing your cache
- Clearing your cookies
I CANNOT FIND THE EMAIL, OR AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE APPROVING MY DEVICE
If you are still having trouble finding the email to approve your device, we recommend the following steps:
- Log out of your account and sign-in once more.
- After you’ve signed in, immediately check your the email address registered with your Gemini account for a message from email@example.com with the subject line “Gemini - Sign in from…” the time stamp on the email should match when you signed into your account.
- Once you’ve located the email, please click the link to re-enable digital asset withdrawals on the same device and browser you used to sign into your account.