Ether is a cryptocurrency token similar to bitcoin in that it can be used in peer-to-peer transactions, or bought and sold on exchanges as a speculative hold of value. Ether is the second digital asset that Gemini has made available for trading -- We now have six (6) order books: BTC/USD, ETH/USD, ETH/BTC, ZEC/USD, ZEC/BTC, and ZEC/ETH.
Ether has many applications beyond its use as a token or virtual currency, and there are many exciting projects being built on the Ethereum network. If you'd like to learn more about ether, we would suggest visiting ethereum.org.
- What chain of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) do you support?
- What is Bitcoin Cash?
- What is Litecoin?
- What is the Gemini Dollar?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is ether?
- What is Zcash?
- What do I need to know about tax reporting?
- Is Gemini licensed and/or regulated?
- Will Gemini return digital assets sent to the wrong address?